Our annual programme of events explore various digital photographic and imaging techniques. We run hands-on workshops where new photographers can learn and gain experience.
Monthly Theme – Streets
6th – Showing of images from YPU Annual Exhibition – General discussion on future of club – Plus Members to raise any AGM items with Club Secretary.
13th – Photoshop Layers by Terri – Entries for Nature Competition
20th – AGM – Election/re-election of committee, etc.
27th – Nature Competition – Judge:- Christine Hartley
Monthly Theme – Patterns
3rd – Long Exposure Photography – Members to share techniques/uses/effects.
10th – Willems Travels – IRAN – Entries for Photojournalism/Action Comp
17th – Members 10 Image Lecturettes – 10 Images on any theme/subject
24th – Photojournalism/Action Comp – Judge:- Keaton Roebuck
Monthly Theme – Rust
2nd – Practical Evening with model – Adeline Ratcliffe – Opportunity to use Clubs lights – Bring Cameras and Tripods
- 9th – Members Folio – Willem Van Herp – Feedback and scoring of members print folio by Willem –Entries for AV competition
16th – Inter Club Competition v New Image C.C. – At Emmanuel
Please Note: On 16th March members made the decision to pause the weekly Monday meetings until further notice due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, therefore, until the current restrictions are lifted, Online meetings will be held at 8:00pm every Monday using Zoom software (Instructions for connecting and the current meeting ID have been distributed to all members, if you have not received these, please use the contact us page) .
- 23rd – Judging by ‘logged in’ members of the January theme – Streets Entries for Portrait Competition by Friday
- 30th – Judging by ‘logged in’ members of the February theme – Patterns. (final entries by 27th March)
Monthly Theme – Wheels
Note: Items for April may be subject to change
6th – Judging by ‘logged in’ members of the March theme – Rust (final entries by 3rd April) – Entries for New Mobile Phone/Tablet Competition (by 17th April)
13th – Judging by Terri Thorpe of April theme – Wheels
20th – Judging by Bob Harper of Mobile Phone/Tablet Competition Trial (images on any subject)
27th – Portrait Competition – Judge:- Stephanie Cooke
Monthly Themes – Blue
- 3rd – Lockdown Challenge Image – ‘J’ chosen by Bob Harper – Images taken since 13th April relating to the letter J.
- 11th – Lockdown Challenge Image – ‘T’ chosen by Terri Thorpe – Images from Stock relating to the letter T.
- 18th – Lockdown Challenge Image – ‘A’ chosen by Jeff Moore – Images taken since 27th April relating to the letter A.
- 25th – Judging by ‘logged in’ members of May theme – Blue
Monthly Theme – Bridges
- 1st – Photography and the Sublime – Talk by Thomas Peck.
- 8th – Six images from one window.
- 15th – Lockdown Challenge Image – Images from Stock relating to the letter R.
- 22nd – Lockdown Challenge Image – Images taken since 18th May relating to the letter S.
- 29th – Zoom Lecture – The Power of Sport by Peter Milsom. 7pm Start
Monthly Theme – Speed
- 6th – Judging by ‘logged in’ members of June theme – Bridges.
- 13th – Working with Textures Presentation by E J Lazenby
- 20th – “2 Panoramas” one from stock, one from lockdown.
- 27th – Judging by ‘logged in’ members of July theme – Speed
Monthly Theme – Reflections
- 3rd – Lockdown Challenge Image – Macro Images taken since 15th June.
- 10th – Lockdown Challenge Image – Images from stock relating to the letter P.
- 17th – Lockdown Challenge Image – HDR before & after Images taken since 29nd June.
- 24th – Lockdown Challenge Image – Textures, before & after Images.
- 31st – Judging by ‘logged in’ members of August theme – Reflections
Note: As the “COVID-19 lockdown” is still preventing public meetings, we are unable reconvene in September, the following programme may change, but will be kept as up-to-date as possible
Zoom meetings will be held as usual until further notice.
Monthly Theme – Wild
7th – Presidents Evening & Competition – President’s Trophy – 3 Digital Images – theme ANGLES
14th – Lockdown Challenge Image – Curves (from stock) – Entries for Landscape Competition (Digital only)
21st – Practical Evening with Birds of Prey – Cawthorne Football Pitch, click here for map – Bring Cameras and Tripods Note 6:00 pm Start
28th – Landscape Competition – Judge:- Ray Bramall
Monthly Theme – Fire
5th – Judging by ‘logged in’ members of September theme – Wild
12th – “Scapa Flow Dive – 100 Anniversary of Scuttling of German Fleet” by Rob Mason visitors welcome – Entries for B&W Competition
19th – ‘Creative’ photos competition – Judging by Members
26th – Brian Pulman B&W Competition – Judge:- Monty Trent
Monthly Theme – Chocolate
- 2nd – Judging by ‘logged in’ members of November theme – Chocolate – Entries for Open Competition
- 9th – Discussion of Birds Images – also Discussion/Guidance for Members on possible YPU entries.
- 16th – Open Competition – Judge:- Royston Packer – Entries for Architectural & Record Competition.
- 23rd – Judging by ‘logged in’ members of October theme – Fire
- 30th – Review of year – what worked what didn’t.
Monthly Theme – Rainbows
- 7th – Architecture and Record Competition – Judge:- Chris Hodgson
- 14th – Social Evening and Presentation of 2020 Awards + “Little Gems – 3 of a kind” Competition.
- January – Streets
- February – Patterns
- March – Rust
- April – Wheels
- May – Blue
- June – Bridges
- July – Speed
- August – Reflections
- September – Wild
- October – Fire
- November – Chocolate
- December – Rainbows