Our annual programme of events explores various digital photographic and imaging techniques. We run hands-on workshops where new photographers can learn and gain experience.
Please Note: On 16th March 2020, members made the decision to pause the weekly Monday meetings until further notice due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, therefore, until the current restrictions are lifted, Online meetings will be held at 8:00pm every Monday using Zoom software (Instructions for connecting and the current meeting ID have been distributed to all members, if you have not received these, please use the contact us page) .
Monthly Theme – Flowers
- 4th – Showing of YPU images, General discussion on future of club – ideas for meetings Plus Members to raise AGM items with Club Secretary Entries for YPU by Sat 9th January (Digital only).
- 11th – Lecture on Afganistan by Jim Holmes NOTE 7.30 START. Entries for Nature competition
- 18th – AGM to be held as a virtual Zoom meeting
- 25th – Nature Competition, Judge – Cameron Thomson
Monthly Theme – Decay
- 1st – Judging of Monthly Theme for December, Rainbows and for January, Flowers
- 8th – Photoshop Techniques – Selections and Masks by Dave Rippon. Entries for Photojournalism/Action Competition
- 15th – Birds of the New World, Zoom Lecture by Glenn Bartley, a Canadian wildlife photographer.
- 22nd – Photojournalism/Action Competition, Judge – Chris Hodgson
Monthly Theme – Glass
- 1st – Still Life Photography talk by Alison McKay Examples of set-up, materials etc.
- 8th – Members Folio with Willem Van Herp, Feedback and scoring of members folio.
- 15th – Talk on Scapes by Harry Wheeler-Brand (https://www.harrybehindthelens.com/)
- 22nd – Judging of Monthly Theme for February – Decay
- 29th – Willems Travels – Vienna – Talk by Willem Van Herp
Monthly Theme – Construction
- 5th – Judging of Monthly Theme for March – Glass Entries for Portrait competition
- 12th – Discussion on ideas for Clubs 100th Anniversary in 2024
- 19th – Judging of Monthly Theme for April – Construction
- 26th – Portrait Competition, Judge – Richard Littlefair Summer Break, restart on 6th September
Monthly Theme – Music
- 24th – Zoom Meeting to discuss Summertime programme
Monthly Theme – Red
- 21st – Birds of Prey – Venue Cawthorne – 6 pm Start
Monthly Theme – Abstract
- 5th – Thornes Park Wakefield – Meet in Car Park – 2:00 pm
Monthly Theme – Beach
- 9th – Holmfirth – 2:00 pm
Please Note: Online meetings will continue at 8:00pm every Monday using Zoom software for the next 6 weeks (Instructions for connecting and the current meeting ID have not changed, if you do not have these, please use the contact us page)
Monthly Theme – Work
- 6th – Presidents Evening – Presidents Competition, Shop Window Displays, Judging of Monthly Themes for May, June, July, and August
- 13th – 2021 YPU digital images Entries for Landscape Competition
- 20th – Creative Photos Competition, Judging by Members
- 27th – Landscape Competition, Judge Brian Crossland
Monthly Theme – Sport
- 4th – Judging of Monthly Theme for September, Work
- 11th – YPU Slides Entries for B&W Competition.
- 18th – Mobile Phone/Tablet Photo Competition Judging by Members
- 25th – Brian Pullman Competition (B&W), Judge
Monthly Theme – Woodland
- 1st – Judging of Monthly Theme for October, Sport. Entries for Open Competition.
- 8th – Guidance for Members on YPU Entries Viewing of Images for possible entries. Entries for AV Competition.
- 15th – Open Competition. Judge Entries for Architecture & Record Competition.
- 22nd – AV Competition. Judge
- 29th – TBA
Monthly Theme – Victorian
- 6th – Architecture & Record Competition, Judge
- 13th – Judging of Themes for Nov & Dec, Review of Year- what worked what didn’t, Ideas for next years Themes
- 20th – Social Evening, ‘Little Gems Comp – 3 on a Theme’ , Viewing winning 2021 Images and Presentation of Awards.
- January – Flowers
- February – Decay
- March – Glass
- April – Construction
- May – Music
- June – Red
- July – Abstract
- August – Beach
- September – Work
- October – Sport
- November – Woodland
- December – Victorian
RETURN 3 January 2022