Our annual programme of events explores various digital photographic and imaging techniques. We run hands-on workshops where new photographers can learn and gain experience.
Monthly Theme – Flowers
- 4th – Showing of YPU images, General discussion on future of club – ideas for meetings Plus Members to raise AGM items with Club Secretary Entries for YPU by Sat 9th January (Digital only).
- 11th – Lecture on Afganistan by Jim Holmes NOTE 7.30 START. Entries for Nature competition
- 18th – AGM to be held as a virtual Zoom meeting
- 25th – Nature Competition, Judge – Cameron Thomson
Monthly Theme – Decay
- 1st – Judging of Monthly Theme for December, Rainbows and for January, Flowers
- 8th – Photoshop Techniques – Selections and Masks by Dave Rippon. Entries for Photojournalism/Action Competition
- 15th – Birds of the New World, Zoom Lecture by Glenn Bartley, a Canadian wildlife photographer.
- 22nd – Photojournalism/Action Competition, Judge – Chris Hodgson
Monthly Theme – Glass
- 1st – Still Life Photography talk by Alison McKay Examples of set-up, materials etc.
- 8th – Members Folio with Willem Van Herp, Feedback and scoring of members folio.
- 15th – Talk on Scapes by Harry Wheeler-Brand (https://www.harrybehindthelens.com/)
- 22nd – Judging of Monthly Theme for February – Decay
- 29th – Willems Travels – Vienna – Talk by Willem Van Herp
Monthly Theme – Construction
- 5th – Judging of Monthly Theme for March – Glass Entries for Portrait competition
- 12th – Discussion on ideas for Clubs 100th Anniversary in 2024
- 19th – Judging of Monthly Theme for April – Construction
- 26th – Portrait Competition, Judge – Richard Littlefair Summer Break, restart on 6th September
Monthly Theme – Music
- 24th – Zoom Meeting to discuss Summertime programme
Monthly Theme – Red
- 21st – Birds of Prey – Venue Cawthorne – 6 pm Start
Monthly Theme – Abstract
- 5th – Thornes Park Wakefield – Meet in Car Park – 2:00 pm
Monthly Theme – Beach
- 9th – Holmfirth – 2:00 pm
Monthly Theme – Work
- 6th – Presidents Evening – Presidents Competition, Shop Window Displays, Judging of Monthly Themes for May, June, July, and August
- 13th – 2021 YPU digital images Entries for Landscape Competition
- 20th – Creative Photos Competition, Judging by Members
- 27th – Landscape Competition, Judge Brian Crossland
Monthly Theme – Sport
- 4th – Judging of Monthly Theme for September, Work
- 11th – YPU Slides Entries for B&W Competition.
- 18th – Mobile Phone/Tablet Photo Competition Judging by Members
- 25th – Brian Pullman Competition (B&W), Judge Chris Hodgson
Please Note: Meetings will resume at our usual venue, the Emmanuel Church, Huddersfield Road, Barnsley at the new time of 7:30pm
Monthly Theme – Woodland
- 1st – Judging of Monthly Theme for October, Sport. Entries for Open Competition.
- 8th – Guidance for Members on YPU Entries Viewing of Images for possible entries. Entries for AV Competition.
- 15th – Open Competition. Judge Roger Poyser Entries for Architecture & Record Competition.
- 22nd – AV Competition. Judging by members
- 29th – Practical evening bring your cameras and tripods
Monthly Theme – Victorian
- 6th – Architecture & Record Competition, Judge Richard Hall
- 13th – Judging of Themes for Nov & Dec, Review of Year- what worked what didn’t, Ideas for next years Themes
- 20th – Social Evening, ‘Little Gems Comp – 3 on a Theme’ , Viewing winning 2021 Images and Presentation of Awards.
- January – Flowers
- February – Decay
- March – Glass
- April – Construction
- May – Music
- June – Red
- July – Abstract
- August – Beach
- September – Work
- October – Sport
- November – Woodland
- December – Victorian
RETURN 3 January 2022