Our annual programme of events explore various digital photographic and imaging techniques. We run hands-on workshops where new photographers can learn and gain experience.
Monthly Theme – Streets
6th – Showing of images from YPU Annual Exhibition – General discussion on future of club – Plus Members to raise any AGM items with Club Secretary.
13th – Photoshop Layers by Terri – Entries for Nature Competition
20th – AGM – Election/re-election of committee, etc.
27th – Nature Competition – Judge:- Christine Hartley
Monthly Theme – Patterns
3rd – Long Exposure Photography – Members to share techniques/uses/effects.
10th – Willems Travels – IRAN – Entries for Photojournalism/Action Comp
17th – Members 10 Image Lecturettes – 10 Images on any theme/subject
24th – Photojournalism/Action Comp – Judge:- Keaton Roebuck
Monthly Theme – Rust
2nd – Practical Evening with model – Adeline Ratcliffe – Opportunity to use Clubs lights – Bring Cameras and Tripods
- 9th – Members Folio – Willem Van Herp – Feedback and scoring of members print folio by Willem –Entries for AV competition
16th – Inter Club Competition v New Image C.C. – At Emmanuel
Please Note: On 16th March members made the decision to pause the weekly Monday meetings until further notice due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Latest Update: Until the current restrictions are lifted, Online meetings will be held at 8:00pm every Monday using Zoom software (Instructions for connecting and the current meeting ID have been distributed to all members, if you have not received these, please use the contact us page)
- 23rd – Judging by ‘logged in’ members of the January theme – Streets Entries for Portrait Competition by Friday
- 30th – Judging by ‘logged in’ members of the February theme – Patterns. (final entries by 27th March)
Monthly Theme – Wheels
Note: Items for April may be subject to change
6th – Judging by ‘logged in’ members of the March theme – Rust. (final entries by 3rd April) – Entries for New Mobile Phone/Tablet Competition (by 17th April)
13th – BANK HOLIDAY
20th – Judging by ‘logged in’ members of a) April theme – Wheels b) Mobile Phone/Tablet Competition Trial (images on any subject)
27th – Portrait Competition – Judge:- Stephanie Cooke
Summer Photoshoots are Postponed until further notice!
Monthly Themes for the Summer break
- May Blue (25/05/20)
- June Bridges (29/06/20)
- July Speed (27/07/20)
- August Reflections (31/08/20)
Note: If the “COVID-19 lockdown” is still causing disruption to public meetings when we would normally reconvene in September, the following programme will change
Monthly Theme – Wild
7th – Presidents Evening & Competition – President’s Trophy – One A4 Print on – theme TBA – Judging of Monthly Themes for April, May, June, July and August.
14th – TBA – Entries for Landscape Competition
21st – Practical Evening with Birds of Prey – Location to be decided – PLEASE CHECK – Bring Cameras and Tripods
28th – Landscape Competition – Judge:- Ray Bramall
Monthly Theme – Fire
5th – TBA
12th – “Scapa Flow Dive – 100 Anniversary of Scuttling of German Fleet” by Rob Mason visitors welcome – Entries for B&W Competition
19th – ‘Creative’ photos competition – Judging by Members
26th – Brian Pulman B&W Competition – Judge:- Monty Trent
Monthly Theme – Chocolate
- 2nd – TBA – Entries for Open Competition
- 9th – Viewing of Members YPU Entries for 2021 – Discussion/Guidance for Members on possible YPU entries.
- 16th – Open Competition – Judge:- Royston Packer – Entries for Architectural & Record Competition.
- 23rd – Storm Chasing by Correen
- 30th – Judging of Monthly Themes for September, October, November and December – Plus review of year – what worked what didn’t.
Monthly Theme – Rainbows
- 7th – Architecture and Record Competition – Judge:- Chris Hodgson
- 14th – Social Evening and Presentation of 2020 Awards + “Little Gems – 3 of a kind” Competition.
- January – Streets
- February – Patterns
- March – Rust
- April – Wheels
- May – Blue
- June – Bridges
- July – Speed
- August – Reflections
- September – Wild
- October – Fire
- November – Chocolate
- December – Rainbows