Competitions focusing on various aspects of digital photography are held among the society members throughout the year. All members, regardless of skill level, are encouraged to participate.
- Entries for the Society’s Competitions can consist of a maximum of 2 Prints and 3 Digital Images for projection for each category. It is advisable to enter as large a print as possible within the limits set.
- All print entries to be mounted using a maximum size of mount of 50 x 40 cm., and will include a Society Membership number, Title of Entry and Category being entered but not the member’s name.
- Digital files should be jpegs with a maximum of 1600 pixels horizontally by a maximum of 1200 pixels vertically. They should be given an appropriate title and should start with your membership number followed by ‘P’ or ‘D’ (P=Print-D=Digital) then YOUR TITLE in capitals then ‘by’ in lower case and then Your Name
- e.g. 12 P VIEW FROM SNOWDON by Phil Holmes
- Note: Entries not meeting the above requirements will be rejected.
- Entries to be handed in to the Competition Secretary on or before the date specified in the programme. Digital entries and copies of print images that are being entered, can be sent by email to Roy Lloyd at email@example.com (see how to name files above). You can also use our image uploader at https://uploads.barnsleyphotographicsociety.org.uk (username & password required).
- When projected images are handed in, a digital copy of all print images that are being entered should also be included.
- Each image can only be entered for one competition and for one category i.e. print or projected images.
- Any image can be entered only once into competitions during the membership of the member. Images previously entered into any competition, including little gems, will be disqualified.
13th January 2020 – Entries required for the ‘Nature Competition’
27th January 2020 – ‘Nature Competition’ – Judge:- Christine Hartley
TBA February 2020 – Entries required for the ‘YPU Exhibition’
10th February 2020 – Entries required for ‘Photojournalism/Action Competition’
24th February 2020 – ‘Photojournalism/Action Competition’ – Judge:- Keaton Roebuck
9th March 2020 – Entries required for ‘AV show’ Competition
23rd March 2020 – ‘Audio Visual Competition’ – Members To Judge Entries
6th April 2020 – Entries required for ‘Portrait Competition’
27th April 2020 – ‘Portrait Competition’ Judge:- Stephanie Cooke
7th September 2020 – ‘President’s Trophy Competition’ – Judging will take place on the night by members of the Society.
14th September 2020 – Entries required for ‘Landscape Competition’
28th September 2020 – ‘Landscape Competition’ – Judge:- Ray Bramall
12th October 2020 – Entries required for ‘B&W Competition’
26th October 2020 – ‘Brian Pulman’ (B & W) Competition – Judge:- Monty Trent
2nd November 2020 – Entries required for ‘Open Competition’.
16th November 2020 – ‘Open Competition’- Judge:- Royston Packer – Entries required for ‘Architecture/Record Competition’
7th December 2020 – ‘Architecture & Record Competition’ – Judge:- Chris Hodgson
14th December 2020 – ‘Three On A Theme Competition’ – Members are invited to bring along a 3 images related to one subject/theme which are sized 7″ x 5″ mounted or unmounted and enter them into this popular competition. Judging will take place on the night by members of the Society.