Competitions focusing on various aspects of digital photography are held among the society members throughout the year. All members, regardless of skill level, are encouraged to participate.
- Entries for the Society’s Competitions can consist of a maximum of 2 Prints and 3 Digital Images for projection (5 if at least one print is entered) for each category. It is advisable to enter as large a print as possible within the limits set.
- All print entries to be mounted using a maximum mount size of 50 x 40 cm., and will include (on the back of the mount) a Society Membership number, Title of Entry and Category being entered but not the member’s name.
- Digital files should be jpegs with a maximum of 1600 pixels horizontally by a maximum of 1200 pixels vertically.
- Print entries to be handed in to the Competition Secretary on or before the date specified in the programme. Digital entries and digital copies of print images that are being entered should be uploaded using our image uploader at https://uploads.barnsleyphotographicsociety.org.uk (username & password required).
- Each image can only be entered for one competition and for one category i.e. print or projected images.
- Any image can be entered only once into competitions during the membership of the member. Images previously entered into any competition, including little gems, will be disqualified.
4th April 2022 – Entries required for ‘Portrait Competition’
25th April 2022 – ‘Portrait Competition’ Judge:- John Elvin
5th September 2022 – ‘President’s Trophy Competition’ – Judging will take place on the night by members of the Society.
12th September 2022 – Entries required for ‘Landscape Competition’
26th September 2022 – ‘Landscape Competition’ – Judge:- Martin Lichfield
10th October 2022 – Entries required for ‘B&W Competition’
24th October 2022 – ‘Brian Pulman’ (B & W) Competition – Judge:- TBA
7th November 2022 – Entries required for ‘Open Competition’.
21st November 2022 – ‘Open Competition’- Judge:- TBA – Entries required for ‘Architecture/Record Competition’
5th December 2022 – ‘Architecture & Record Competition’ – Judge:- TBA
19th December 2022 – ‘Three On A Theme Competition’ – Members are invited to bring along a 3 images related to one subject/theme which are sized 7″ x 5″ mounted or unmounted and enter them into this popular competition. Judging will take place on the night by members of the Society.